Syston Town Council provides YOUR local services. We strive to make Syston a better place to live, work and visit. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find what you want or would like to recommend any improvements to our website then please contact us.
Posted: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:40 by Ursula Southan
Picnic in the Park is back! Picnic is a fun day out for all the family. Come and join us on Loughborough's Queen's Park on Saturday 6th June, 2020 from 12 noon to 5.00pm.
We would love you to join in the fun by applying for a stall to show off your work, run an activity, promote yourself or raise funds – it's completely free of charge (although donations to the event are welcome...!)
Local performers are also welcome to apply to be part of the entertainment. We need buskers, jugglers, dancers, theatre groups, walkabout entertainers, brass bands, Morris dancers, steel bands, acoustic groups, choirs and storytellers, just to name a few!. More »
So if you would like to share your talents - or know someone who does - we'd be very happy to hear from you.
Details are as follows. If you require further information please do contact us:
• Standard space allocated for each stall is 8ft frontage but this can be expanded - just let us know
• You will need to bring your own stall / table / small tent / matting / chairs
• Set-up can begin from 9am and must be finished by 11am
• Stalls are offered free of charge but any donations on the day would be appreciated
• We are sorry to say that there will be no electricity supplied on the day
• You will be allowed on to the park to off load (weather permitting) but then all vehicles will have to be removed.
• Parking is available locally in the Bee Hive or Granby Street Car Parks.
If you are interesting in participating in this year's event, either as a stallholder or a performer, please could you return the attached application form as soon as possible. » Less
Posted: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 10:26 by Ursula Southan
The next Councillor Surgery will be held on Saturday 7 March 2020 from 10.00am - 11.00am at the Community Centre, School Street, Syston, LE7 1HN.
Come and see one of the Borough Councillors if you have any issues or concerns that you would like to discuss in more detail.
Posted: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 12:05 by Ursula Southan
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Facilities Manager to join our aspirational Town Council to manage and maintain the highest standards of facilities management and customer services.
This role requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to manage and maintain our grounds team and cleaning staff as well as our portfolio of buildings, parks, cemeteries and allotments.